Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lab D - Ice Skating!

This last lab that I did for EDU 255 was ice skating. I was really excited about doing this lab considering I knew how to ice skate and it was something different than usual activities done in physical education. I put a lot of time into preparing for this lab because having 20 minutes to teach really shows how well someone can show their teaching skill while using time management
.
One thing that I wanted to make sure was really flashy were my visual aids which I made three of.

Professor Yang also showed me a video on Youtube that I used as part of my hook into the lesson. However, I introduced this video very seriously when the video was a joke on the geography of Canada. The students didn't find the video as funny as I did because I think they were trying to figure out if the news people were actually serious. Here are the two clips that show me in my teaching of Lab D:





During this teaching session. I really worked on my feedback. I tried to get to at least 50% of the class and give good feedback.   I really enjoyed teaching this lab and I think the amount of preparation that I put into the lab really payed off in that I wasn't worried or stressed while teaching because I had gone over everything I wanted to do.  I think the students in my class learned a lot out of what I taught in 20 minutes.  With things such as the stop, I could see improvement within the few minutes that we were working on it.  I think this has to do with my persistence in having the students do it right.  I saw that Ryan Carpenter was doing it the right way so I took him in front of the group and had him demonstrate it so that maybe a different view of it will help others.   Here are the forms that can explain the work I put into my lab and my reflection and analysis of my lab:

Time Coding Form 
Content Development 
Lesson Plan 
Lab D Packet

No comments:

Post a Comment